Online Dispute Resolution
According to Daniel Rainey, one of the pioneers of the Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) profession, ODR can be defined as “the appropriate application of information and communication technology to the practice of conflict and dispute intervention.” The benefits of this process are that it is confidential, fast, effective, and affordable.
It is ideal for those who cannot or simply prefer not to travel to the dispute resolution professional’s office. Online dispute resolution can be conducted synchronously which is when all parties are participating at the same time, or asynchronously which is when all parties are participating at different times. Once a date and time are determined, all parties will be provided with the appropriate information needed to start the process. All necessary documents can be transmitted Online in a secure format.
Online Dispute Resolution allows you to resolve your disputes from anywhere in the world. You no longer need to concern yourself with the time and expense of traveling to a distant location.
This process can be ideal for the following:
- Access to an expert who may not be available in your area.
- If the parties are geographically distant from one another.
- If the timing of the resolution is important, ODR is an attractive alternative because it is easy to schedule and it could be quick to resolve.
- If there are many jurisdictions with complex issues, this process can provide a forum to clarify and record the interests of the parties as the process progresses.
- If there is any concern about personal safety, this process provides a safe forum for all parties.
- This process allows the parties time to consider their positions and reflect on how they want to respond in each step of the process.
- If you want to avoid costly time away from work. We can work around your schedule.
- Working with a true neutral professional who has never met any of the parties to the dispute.
Online Dispute Resolution is confidential, fast, effective, and affordable. Call us today at 314-645-1500 or email us today to set up a free consultation and allow us to help you determine if Online Dispute Resolution may be appropriate for you.